Translate

Monday, July 1, 2019

Starting the Trek To Yellowstone


Road trips can be dreadfully boring when you’re not driving. In fact I’m writing this while riding back to where our car is in Oklahoma.

It makes me wish Blogger had an app like WordPress does. *hint-hint*

With all the time on my hands I read and looked at the scenery. Except for Kansas, it got boring quick.

On the way to Denver, I tried to help John, my brother-in-law, with some Bluetooth head phones. Bonding. To their credit and not so much mine, they try to include me. That’s how I make friends since I’m an awkward social moth.

I need to be more of an includer.

I learned useless trivia makes the kids happy. Particularly Maximus who’s nerdy like me. Thanks books!

The boys and girls switched cars. I’ve been abused more by the girls in the first 10 minutes than the whole 379 miles with the boys.

Kansas is cold and windy in the middle of it.

Colorado is so open that cows that should be close look tiny and far. I guess because of the topography.
Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor, nature and water
Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor, nature and water

The clouds looks lower. Maybe because we’re higher. Still don’t see the Rockies. Just this awesome store cloud.

There the mountains are.

We’ve gotten ourselves into a pickle. Big camper and a crowded hotel parking lot. The fact my father-in-law hasn’t hit anyone is a testament of his driving skills.

After checking in we went to Denny’s. Walked with my other brother-in-law. You can tell pot is legal. It wafts through the air. Rude.

They can toke, but I don’t want to deal with the second-hand smoke in public. Kinda like public intoxication.

Colorado is cold! Definitely didn’t choose well for the trip as far as clothes are concerned. We left 90s and rolled into the 50s with the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment