Translate

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Elk, Bison and Geysers

We saw elk on the way to Old Faithful. While I was taping, one walked across the road. It headed to where Casey was throwing up in the trees. She was carsick. It was sorta funny that she had no clue an elk was 20 feet away from her.

The geysers were all you can imagine. Saw some type of varmints. Maybe prairie dogs. 

We tried to see as much as possible but still probably only saw half of it.
Group separated. One hiking. One looking for critters. I was in the critter bunch. Saw a bison. We got too close for my father-in-law's comfort to it.

My father-in-law hurt himself. I broke out my medical kit to patch up the gouge in his leg. His blood thinners made him bleed a lot.
Thought about a hike. Except I’d be alone and Bears. Not the best practices. Because bears. 
Joey took the kids to the river. Dustin and me tagged along. Saw ground squirrels and a mule deer. Which is surprising considering how loud the kids were. 
Though making a lot of noise is a bear safety tip. It warns them that you're coming so they leave...you hope.

Got a bit windburnt in the mountains today.
It’s nice to have no interruptions from the phone but my pessimism was wondering if something is wrong and I can’t be reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment