Translate

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Monuments, Memorials and the Road Home

Yesterday P.Rod posted about a season of spiritual warfare, especially since moving forward on the Helena church plant. Unexplained sicknesses, crazy things going on, etc. he’s been praying the 27th Psalm.
Curious I looked it up.
Good one to pray.

Very loose game plan today.

Regretted not getting mom that coffee cup with her name in Cedar Village at Yellowstone. Finally found something with her name at Mount Rushmore. Well, Casey did, because she rocks.

Mount Rushmore was cool, but not as impressive as the Tetons and Yellowstone. No Nicholas Cage running around.
What they look like
How they planned to carve them
How to carve a mountain


Same with Crazy Horse. I did like the museum. What impressed me is that it’s privately funded.


South Dakota has interesting rolling topography. Almost like a crater at times.



Stopped at a gas station. It was closed. Lady wanted gas. Only had cash and they were closed.
My first instinct was to pay for their gas.
I didn’t and now I wonder if I should have. They weren’t abandoned. The clerks were still there...

If I finish my current book I’ll have read 5 in the last week. Roadtrips allow for lots of reading time.

Staying at a jacked up Super 8. It’s gotten good and bad reviews. Looks beat up. Got stuck in a smoking room (even though Georgia quit). Casey gagged.
Run down car in the back had Dustin pull his pistol out and chamber a round.
I had a hand near my “travel knife” that Bobby gave me. Not my working blade. It’s sinfully dull. This may be an interesting night...

We survived, and made it home the next day. I powered through the final 298 miles back to Arkansas since I was so tired of sitting in a car at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment