Translate

Friday, August 24, 2018

New "Toy" To Play With

Introspectors gonna introspect.

That describes me perfectly. I've taken almost every self-assessment I come across. I know my personality type, how people see me, my enneagram numbers, my weight and measurements over the years. I understand where StrengthFinder puts me.

Even my ancestry and how we migrated to the US centuries ago.

I'm the world's leading expert on me...and I still don't know much.

Have you heard of "quantifying yourself"? It's also known as lifeblogging. Wikipedia says this about it.

Quantified self, also known as lifelogging, is a specific movement by Gary Wolf and Kevin Kelly from Wired magazine, which began in 2007 and tries to incorporate technology into data acquisition on aspects of a person's daily life. People collect data in terms of food consumed, quality of surrounding air, mood, skin conductance as a proxy for arousal, pulse oximetry for blood oxygen level, and performance, whether mental or physical. Wolf has described quantified self as "self-knowledge through self-tracking with technology."

If you track any health markers, even just wearing a FitBit, you're 'lifeblogging.'

I stumbled across an app called Welltory that consolidates all the information to give you health measurements along with tracking HRV (Heart Rate Variability). The goal is to measure stress and energy so you can work to balance out and perform at optimal levels. They say 'energy management instead of time management.'

I'm really good at time management. Not that great at energy management. Most of the time I'm one
project away from burnout again.

So I'm giving it a shot to avoid flaming out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment