Translate

Monday, January 17, 2022

A Time To Take A Stand

 I’ve chewed on this post for a couple of months now, and it has me spitting nails. Can we say we live in a culture of outrage? Or at least it’s more amplified because of social media.

How about being outraged over something substantive?

Exhibit A: A male (I refuse to call him a man) got on a train with his kids. He’s looking for a fight.

A woman tells him to chill.

He hits her in the face. My blood pressure went up seeing that.

The male beside her did nothing. No one did. Only one guy said, “Stop.”

My eyes bugged out. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/aggressive-dad-subway-punches-woman-25327933

Exhibit B: A woman gets on a train. This predator, when she rebuffed him, rapes her in a car full of onlookers. What did they do?

Taped it. Didn’t stop it. Taped it. 

A cop pulled him off her at the next stop.

My head exploded. I’m dead now, writing this as a poltergeist. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/train-riders-held-cellphones-woman-was-raped-septa-police-say-n1281836

Why didn’t anyone intervene? They had the numbers. 

One person, willing and capable, can deter violence by presence alone. I’ve been that person on a few occasions. 

Christ-Followers have two rules: love God and love your neighbor. Who’s your neighbor? Everyone. See the parable of the Good Samaritan.

Sometimes that means we protect our neighbor. But, on the other hand, that may mean doing bad things to bad people to get them to stop. 

Those aren’t times to turn your cheek. 

One of the greatest prayers I heard my pastor pray was when he prayed that anyone abusing a child would drop dead. 

At a Project Rescue home in India, former pimps who have been saved and follow Jesus protect the women who left the life of prostitution and sex trafficking. 

I love it. 

I’ll close with a tale of two schools. One is in Kentucky, and the other is in Louisiana.

In Hazard, Kentucky, the school had a pep rally where the boys cross-dressed and gave lap dances to the officials. One of them being the Principal/Mayor of Hazard. 

The cheerleaders were dressed as Hooters girls. 

Did the parents not know, or were they negligent? If my son or daughter told me they were planning something like that, I would be visiting the school.

All the officials got was a slap on the wrist.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/3-hazard-kentucky-school-officials-reprimanded-for-man-pageant/article_7a2d3954-4191-11ec-bf10-2fed94df3560.html

Then there was an outbreak of fights in a school in Shreveport, Louisiana. A lot of kids were arrested.

A group of fathers formed a group called Dads on Duty and now patrol the school, being a positive impact. As a result, there have been no more fights. 

These dads are the real deal, involved and an example to us all. Hazard needs some dads on duty. 

If you are a dad, be like these guys.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/29/us/dads-on-duty-louisiana-school-cec/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment