Translate

Monday, July 26, 2021

So I Had A Plan...

 “We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.” 

Proverbs 16:9

I was getting comfortable. There was an opening for a promotion, and I hoped it would be enough that my wife could go from a hard job to a harder line of work—stay-at-home mom. 

Especially with the cost of daycare. I had a plan. 

Then I got a phone call. The owner of the house we rent(ed) wanted to put it on the market. Right now, it’s a seller’s market with house values skyrocketing into another housing bubble. 

I feared this day. I checked to see if the call was legit. 

It was. 

So I calmly told my wife about the call and then had a two-day-long panic attack. 

I preached Matthew 6:33 to myself. Immersed myself in worship music. Blew up a lot of phones and groups with prayer requests. 

Thoughts of being evicted and homeless within a week danced like soured sugarplums in my head. 

Then we met the realtor with the bad news. She turned my worry knob down to Defcon 4. So we wouldn’t be holding signs on the street corner after all. 

I’m writing this on June 29. Homes in our price range are hard to find. It’s like the Hillsong Worship song, Oceans

You call me out upon the waters

The great unknown

Where feet may fail

And there I find You in the mystery

In oceans deep

My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name

And keep my eyes above the waves

When oceans rise

My soul will rest in Your embrace

For I am Yours

You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters

Your sovereign hand

Will be my guide

Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me

You’ve never failed

And You won’t start now

It’s not fun when going through the unknown, but I do feel better. Hopefully, by the time you read this, we’ll be in a new place that is all ours, and I’ll have a higher-paid position.

No comments:

Post a Comment