Translate

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Two Months of Testing

It's been two months since I started using the Welltory app. Running experiments to see what restores me and what drains me. It's led to some interesting discoveries.

Like food is a drainer.  Lowers performance, drains energy and increases stress. Bummer. Digestion is a downer.

Full strength coffee? That's a nope. Ok, compromise. Half-Caff.
Still a nope. I've been relegated to Decaf. To think, I once shouted death before Decaf.

That blapshemous coffee boost my energy and lowers stress. I still drink the high-octane, but my caffeine amounts have dropped drastically from 600-700mg a day to 60mg.

Writing was a shocker. Lowers my performance, my energy and increases my stress. Still not going to stop.

What's good?


Chatting. Apparently relationships are good for you at +1 in energy and -1 in stress.

Same with church. But we knew that ;).

Work. It flucuates. Boosts the energy, but also raises the stress....

Reading for the win. It's a booster.

Volunteering is a gray area. It can drain or restore depending on what I'm doing.

The biggest surprise is when I stand up in front of people and speak. That's been the biggest energy booster and stress buster. How is that possible for an introvert?

Either way, it's helping get my life back in balance. Making adjustments to my day based on the daily tests. This week has been much better than usual. I even have the energy to work out again. Working to keep the trend going.

No comments:

Post a Comment